Do you like the convenience of instant oatmeal, but don't like the added sugar and cost? Click below and see how easy it is to make right at home. Love the thought of making up many of these little bags with a big variety of flavors. This is also great for the little children to work on, they will love being involved in making and eating it.
Make Homemade Instant Oatmeal
Monday, June 25, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
- Peach Preserves
- 5 lbs peaches
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1Wash, peel, pit and chop peaches-you want 10 cups.
- 2Place all ingredients in a large glass bowl and let stand for 1 hour.
- 3Transfer to a large stainless or enamel pot.
- 4Bring to a full boil.
- 5Boil for 30 minutes to reach the jell point-stir often and then constantly as the mixture nears the jell point.
- 6Remove and skim off foam.
- 7Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 8Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Makes 8 half pints
Note: To peel easy, I drop peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from hot water and place into Ice water for 2 minutes. Peeling should just slide off.