- Peach Preserves
- 5 lbs peaches
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1Wash, peel, pit and chop peaches-you want 10 cups.
- 2Place all ingredients in a large glass bowl and let stand for 1 hour.
- 3Transfer to a large stainless or enamel pot.
- 4Bring to a full boil.
- 5Boil for 30 minutes to reach the jell point-stir often and then constantly as the mixture nears the jell point.
- 6Remove and skim off foam.
- 7Ladle into clean hot jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 8Process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Makes 8 half pints
Note: To peel easy, I drop peaches in boiling water for 30 seconds. Remove from hot water and place into Ice water for 2 minutes. Peeling should just slide off.